Pasley Inland is located near the southwest entrance to Howe Sound, between Cape Roger Curtis on Bowen Island and Gibsons on the Sunshine Coast.
Access is limited to these privately held island properties but the island can be reached by private boat, kayak, or water taxi.
The island is sparsely populated with the majority of residents occupying shoreline homes and cabins during the summer months only.
Pasley Island was named in 1860 by Capt. Richards of the British survey ship HMS Plumper in memory of Admiral Sir Thomas Pasley, Bart. Henry Ogle Bell-Irving was the third owner of Pasley Island buying it in 1909 where it became a summer camping place for his large family. Ownership of the island was then split in 1950 when Henry Pybus “Budge” Bell-Irving (the BC lieutenant govenor, deceased in 2002) put together a syndicate who purchased the island for $25,000. Today Pasley Island is owned by a corporation where each resident is a shareholder. The Corporation is managed by a duly elected board of directors who hire and supervise a full time caretaker.
Similar to other areas of Howe Sound, Pasley Island offers an excellent area for boating, kayaking, or canoeing where passers-by can relax and enjoy the sparsely populated natural shoreline.