Location and Geography
The island has an area of 6sq km/2.3sq mi.
There are two main communities on Keats clustered around the two government docks at Eastbourne and Keats Landing. There are few roads and most homes are accessed by boat or walking trail.
Access is by water taxi from Horseshoe Bay or Gibsons.
Keats Island is named after Sir Richard Goodwin Keats, a British Admiral. Admiral Keats served under Horatio Nelson.
- Plumper Cove Marine Provincial Park
- Sea Kayaking
- The Pasley and Worlcombe Islands, south-west of Keats Island offer great sea kayaking and the chance to see wildlife including bald eagles and seals.
- Keats Camp established in 1926, Keats Camp is a Christian-theme summer camp, situated on around 160 acres of land.